Dr Nowrozy Kamar Jahan
Dr. Nowrozy Kamar Jahan joined Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Monash University as lecturer and researcher of the South East Asia Community Observatory (SEACO) project in May 2013. She is a medical graduate with a Ph.D. in Population Science/Demography and a Masters in Reproductive Health. She is a public health specialist with extensive working experience in public health application field. She was the Team Leader of the Maternal Health Program in the Mayer Hashi (Smiling Mother), a project of EngenderHealth in Bangladesh. She provided comprehensive and strategically planned technical assistance to local public, private and NGO partners to improve the quality of maternal, adolescent and child services and to translate the research on evidence-based best practices into action.
Her research interest focuses on population health, sexual and reproductive health, non-communicable disease, adolescent and maternal health. She also worked as a post doctoral research fellow in a collaborative project of University of Malaya, Malaysia and Queen's University of Belfast, United Kingdom. She is a member of Bangladesh Medical Council and Bangladesh Medical Association.
MBBS(Bangladesh), MPRHR (Thailand), PhD (Thailand)
- Membership/Affiliation with Professional Organizations
- Member, Bangladesh Medical Council
- Member, Bangladesh Medical Association
- Measure Evaluation Fellowship, North Carolina University (2002-2003): Masters in Population and Reproductive Health Research
- Wellcome Trust Grant (2004-2007): Ph.D. In Demography
- Post Doctoral Research Fellowship (2012-2013)
- Assistant Director – Health, Bangladesh Women's Health Coalition
- Team Leader, Maternal Health Program, Mayer Hashi (Smiling Mother) project, EngenderHealth, Bangladesh.
Population health, sexual and reproductive health, non-communicable disease, adolescent and maternal health.
Jahan, NK. (2008). Teenage Marriage and Educational Continuation in Thailand. Journal of Population and Social Studies, Vol 17 (1), page 135-155..