Professor Rusli Nordin
Professor Rusli bin Nordin is currently a Professor of Public Health in the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Monash University Malaysia. He obtained his MBBS from Monash University, Melbourne, Australia in 1980, MPH from University of Malaya in 1984 and DrMedSc from the University of Tokyo, Japan in 2000. He is a Founding Fellow of the Academy of Occupational and Environmental Malaysia (FAOEMM), member of the Academy of Medicine of Malaysia (AM) and an Honorary Fellow of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine, Royal College of Physicians, Ireland (Hon. FFOMI).
Professor Rusli was formerly the Foundation Professor of Community Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, University Science Malaysia, Health Campus, Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia (2000-2007). He was appointed a Professor of Public Health in the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Monash University Malaysia, Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia on August 1, 2007.
Fields of Specialization:
Public Health Medicine / Occupational and Environmental Health Medicine
Achievements / Awards:
FFOMI (Hon) / FAOEMM / AM / Excellence Award (USM) / PVC Award for Excellence (Monash University Malaysia)
MBBS (Monash), MPH (Malaya), DrMedSc (Tokyo), OHD (DOSH), Hon. FFOM (RCPI), FAOEM (Malaysia), AM (Malaysia)
Occupational Health Psychology / Job Stress, Anxiety and Depression / Work Engagement and Work-Life Interface / Quality of Life of Working Populations / Pesticides Poisoning / Solvent Exposure / Occupational Lung Diseases / Industrial and Motor Vehicle Accidents / OSH Risk Assessment & Management / OSH & Health Policy / Ergonomics / Radiation Exposure and Cancer / Chronic Disease Intervention / Palliative Care / Global Health Care Delivery / RCT.
Areas of Recent Research Activities:
• Naphtha Exposure and Neurobehavioral Performance in Tire Factory Workers (collaboration with UPM) • Toluene Exposure and Neurobehavioral Performance in Automotive Painters (collaboration with UPM) • A Study on the Effect of Haruan Fish Extract (Channa Striatus) on Wound Healing and Quality of Life in Patients with Sternotomy and Leg Wounds after Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Surgery: A Prospective, Randomized Control Trial (collaboration with UKM, UPM and National Heart Institute).
Higher Degree Research (PhD) Candidates (Topics):
- Hardip Kaur Pretam Singh Dhillon (A study of urinary incontinence amongst Malaysian women living in Selangor) (Main Supervisor: Rusli Bin Nordin) (Co-Supervisor: Anuar Zaini Md Zain)
- Shereen Goh Giap Kah (Development, validation and evaluation of a health-related quality of life measurement scale for diabetes mellitus: a prospective interventional study in type 2 diabetics in Malaysia) (Main Supervisor: Rusli Bin Nordin) (Co-Supervisor: Khalid Bin Abdul Kadir)
- Nur Azma Amin (Modeling ergonomic risk factors and work engagement as predictors of musculoskeletal disorders in nurses) (Main Supervisor: Rusli Bin Nordin) (Co-Supervisor: Quek Kia Fatt)
- Saraswathy Venkataraman (Indicators that influence age-related physical decline and the health status and lifestyle consequences amongst elderly Malaysians) (Main Supervisor: Jennifer Oxley) (Co-Supervisor: Rusli Bin Nordin)