Dr Shogo Moriya
Dr. Shogo Moriya joined the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine & Health Sciences, Monash University Malaysia in April 2010 as a lecturer. He obtained his Bachelor of Engineering and Master of Engineering from Tokyo Institute of Technology. He also obtained his PhD in medicine from Chiba University, Japan in 2007, and PhD in biological science from Hokkaido University, Japan in 2008.
Dr Moriya joined Nisshinbo Industries, Inc, Japan after he has obtained his Master of Engineering and worked in the company's research and development division, where he developed many kinds of DNA microarray applications.
He is an expert in molecular biology. He has been awarded external research grants (as the principal investigator) – Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS) from Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) in 2010 and 2013; and eScience Fund from the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI) in 2013.
BEng (Tokyo), MEng (Tokyo), PhD (Chiba), PhD (Hokkaido)
- Mechanisms of reproductive aging
- Role of non-coding RNA in reproduction
- Moriya S, Ogawa S, Parhar IS. GnRH neuron type-specific transcriptome analysis by laser captured single-Cell microarray in the medaka. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;435:562-6.
- Niwa H, Saito M, Kobayashi M, Harada Y, Oshima M, Moriya S, Matsubayashi K, Nabae Y, Kuroki S, Ikeda T, Terakura K, Ozaki J, Miyata S. Probing carbon edge exposure of iron phthalocyanine-based oxygen reduction catalysts by soft X-ray absorption spectroscopy. J Power Sources. 2013;223:30-35.
- Chokai M, Taniguchi M, Moriya S, Matsubayashi K, Shinoda T, Nabae Y, Kuroki S, Hayakawa T, Kakimoto M, Ozaki J, Miyata S. Preparation of carbon alloy catalysts for polymer electrolyte fuel cells from nitrogen-containing rigid-rod polymers. J Power Sources 2010;195:5947-5951.
- Lyth SM, Nabae Y, Moriya S, Kuroki S, Kakimoto M, Ozaki J, Miyata S. Carbon Nitride as a Nonprecious Catalyst for Electrochemical Oxygen Reduction. J Phys Chem C 2009;113:20148-20151.
- Moriya S, Sato S, Yoon M, Azumaya T, Urawa S, Urano A, Abe S. Nonrandom distribution of chum salmon stocks in the Bering Sea and the North Pacific Ocean estimated using mitochondrial DNA microarray. Fish Sci 2009; 75: 359-367.
- Kamimatsuse A, Matsuura K, Moriya S, Fukuba I, Yamaoka H, Fukuda E, Hiyama K, Sueda T, Hiyama E. Detection of CpG island hypermethylation of caspase-8 in neuroblastoma using an oligonucleotide array. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2009;52:777-83.
- Moriya S, Takiguchi M, Seki N. Expression of the WT1 gene -KTS domain isoforms suppresses the invasive ability of human lung squamous cell carcinoma cells. Int J Oncol 2008; 32: 349-356.